Posted to alt.home.repair
The Reverend Natural Light

Default Paint: Roll or Spray?

Greetings!

I'm about to paint a newly finished basement. I have zero experience
painting interior surfaces and am not sure what the ideal method would
be:

1. Automotive sprayer and compressor. I have these already and know
how to use them. It is not an HVLP set up. The paint would have to be
thinned.

2. Homeowner grade paint sprayer: I picked up one of those Wagner
"Power Painter Pro" paint guns from HD last weekend. From looking
around news archives, it doesn't seem like too many users are happy
with these.

3. Roller and brush: Even most professional jobs I've seen show brush
and roller marks, which I don't like. And then there's no excuse to
buy a new tool.

All the rooms are empty, there's no flooring yet, and masking shouldn't
be too difficult. I'll have to paint ceilings and several doors. I'm
in no hurry, just want nice results.

Any opinions or advice?

Thanks!

-rev