Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
LRod

Default Speaking of tool thefts...

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 09:07:10 -0700, John DeBoo
wrote:

I'm watching one of these run of the mill, JIT home makeover shows last
night and the contractor has tools stolen from the work site on 2
consecutive nights. So he gets the bright idea for him and another to
stake out the place at night. Ok so far but the passanger is drinking
Michelob light while the vehicle is being driven (clearly shown and
mentioned by the pass), then they stop and park, and the driver pops one
open. Then the driver pulls out a shotgun to bolster his courage, then
they show them drinking more and more and tossing the cans into the bed
of the truck until late at night the thieves return. He never shoots
the shotgun, and the probably half drunk pass loses his courage as the
thief enters the trees so nothing is lost this night, but nobody was
caught either.

My point is how stupid can a TV show be to advocate drinking while
driving and drinking in public in that manner showing off a loaded
shotgun? Freaking dumb! I'm no prohibitionist but booze and guns do
not mix - period!

One of my favorite shows, because the boss is a dead ringer for my
son-in-law (they even went to Clemson at about the same time--these
guys are from Charleston--s-i-l is from upstate), but I had the same
reaction.

It was bad enough that they were sitting there at 0200 for the reason
they were (and he has the nerve to say, "some call it vigilanteism,
but down here we call it common sense"), it was doubly bad to be
popping the tops (with a can count shown in the bed of the truck), but
when the GC jacked the action of the shotgun, I said, "this is
stupid."

In all fairness, I don't think the shotgun ever left the truck.

How about the cans on Ginger, though?

And if you like redheads (I do), you have to love Lori.

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

care to correspond with you anyway.