Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
rigger

Default Cheneys hunting buddy has a heart attack

Gus wrote:
jim rozen wrote:
In article , Ed Huntress says...

I'm just curious, because there are a lot of hunters he Has anyone ever
heard of swinging *behind* the line of hunters being an accepted practice?
Maybe it's different in different parts of the country.

I don't know about hunting, but at the shooting range I go to, the
range officers carry sidearms. The gloat here is that the range
just re-opened after over a year of renovation and my daughter and I
went today to perforate a few targets. :^)

I always joke with her, that the reason folks there are so well
behaved about keeping their barrels pointed downrange is, that
the range officer will shoot them if they don't - or if they perform
any otherwise unsafe activity.

It was a pleasure to see her bewilderment when the entire story
about what Cheney had done, and how that event actually happened.
I could see the light bulb come on, she was thinking "he did *this*
wrong, then they did *that* wrong, and then they had had a few beers
with lunch...."

They were actually bumping into each other and shooting each other.
It was the classic Charlie Foxtrot. And she realized it instantly.

Jim

I think that in the grand scheme of things, this is a small event.
Cheney admitted that it was all his fault. Maybe it's time to move on.

And just forget about it just like we're supposed to do about all the
Halliburton crap??? And the billions up-in-smoke??? And everything
else???

In fact I'll bet he can't understand all the furor considering he
probably feels it was so easy before.

And you agree???

He doesn't realize he's not going to pull the wool over the eyes of
experienced field hunters the way he manages to do to others in other
situations. And they're not going to forget. Let him cook.

dennis
in nca