Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Too_Many_Tools

Default OT message about van transmission grenading at 70K mi.

Hi,

I too am waiting to hear if they have fixed the problem.

From what I recall, Chrysler wanted a common transmission for their

minivans and cars. The 1990 minivan I had went through FIVE of the
transmissions before 100K miles were driven. Because of the extended
warranty I had purchased, the company had to pay for all of them. The
failure mode was that the transmission would lock in the low gear so
you could limp into town.

As has been mentioned, hopefully they have improved the transmission.

TMT