Posted to uk.d-i-y
Harry Bloomfield

Default Tinning Copper saucepans - again!

brought next idea :
However the molten tin went into pools and wouldn't adhere to areas of
the pan bottom or the sides - it just flowed over these areas
Any suggestions on what to try next would be greatly appreciated
Are there any web-sites with step by step pictures ?
DO I need more heat

I don't know what the purpose of this is, but I would suggest the
problem is too much heat in the wrong places - in other words burnt
flux. Burnt flux will prevent tinning.

If if were trying to do this, I would be trying to wipe the solder on a
small area at a time - just as they used to plumb lead pipes. Clean the
entire area, then heat a small area and apply the tin just as soon as
the surface is hot enough for it to become plastic. Then gradually wipe
the tin around, chasing it with the heat source and cloth.

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)