Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Gas meter stopper

I wanted to fit a 1inch by 28mm copper meter adaptor on a meters outlet
and have a few metres of 28mm pipe for the gas supply. There is a
brass anti-taper plate on the meter. This prevents the removal of the
existing 1inch by 22mm meter adaptor. Taking a 28mm pipe to a meter and
then reducing to 22mm at the meter making a restriction when I could go
directly to 28mm at the meter is ludicrous. A metal ring is rivited to
this brass plate. I could cut this ring away. Can I do this? The meter
outlet must be accessible so how can Transco prevent people from
replacing or upgrading the pipe from the meter?

TIA