Posted to alt.home.repair
jdk

Default Bathtub refinishing - DIY?

James R. Lunsford wrote:
Got a tub that's going downhill quickly. Looks like previous owner just
painted it, and now the paint is peeling and chipping and I don't want my
wife and kids getting out of the tub with paint chips all over them.

Googled a couple of sites that offer DIY kits, does anyone have any
experience with these?

Any recommendations?

TIA

get a pro, that is what i did. it will last 5 to 7 years. can not use
bleach to clean. i think they put a electric charge on tub when the
spray. this is a stop gap way till you rip the tub out. my tub looks
great for the last 4 years. told to use 409 to clean it. i think it cost
me between 300 to 400 dollars.