Brian

Default Source for GOOD bolts, washers, copper washers, etc?

You can heat them to red (if copper) and anneal them, as long as they are
not deformed. No specific need to change them out.

Brian

"Miki Kanazawa" wrote in message
m...
Hey guys,

So I'm swapping the turbocharger on my car (2001 Volkswagen GTI) and
discover there's 20 or so copper or aluminum sealing washers on banjo
bolts that need to be replaced. Going to my local friendly VW dealer,
they're trying to charge me $1.62 apiece for replacements. While I'm
not opposed to spending a good sum of money on something that's worth
it, $1.62 just doesn't seem reasonable for ONE COPPER WASHER. I
figure I go through enough of them, I might as well purchase a grab
bag. If anyone can point me to a source I'd be very grateful.

Also, if anyone knows a source for automotive OEM-quality nuts, bolts
and banjo bolts I'd be ETERNALLY grateful. Normally I'd get this type
of thing from the stealership, but since they never have anything in
stock is greatly extends the time it takes to properly complete a job.

Any info welcome!