Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Sam Goldwasser

Default waffle iron wiring

"Wayne Tiffany" writes:

I have an old waffle iron that has served us faithfully for many years, but
it has developed a problem with the old wiring in it in that in some places,
the insulation is falling apart. I would like to rewire it as the rest of
it is still ok. Question - what's out there for wire these days that will
take the heat? If it would mean buying a roll of new wire, I could probably
buy a new iron for less. But if someone could think of something that would
have suitable wire in it, I might have such a thing stashed away somewhere.
Thoughts?

Another heating appliance.

Or, go into an appliance repair shop and buy 2 feet (or whatever)
of the stuff. How much could they charge you?