Posted to alt.electronics
Henry

Default Is this what newsgroups have become?

Looking at your lack of context over several posts,
I would have sworn you were a newbie posting from Google Groups
--nope--you're just a newbie who is otherwise unschooled.

FYI:

http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:8...give-a-context

Ahhh, Now I see that this message may have been the source of a later
argument. I did not read this until today as it was a followup to an old
post that I had stopped tracking.

Well, people assume way too much. I dabbled in electrontic about 25 years
ago. Knew of the internet when it was things like bitnet. Had friends that
were on it. I wasnt. Was too involved in my studies (math degree, 1983).
Have not dabbled in electronics again until now. I admit I have forgetten
alot and and much has changed since I worked with this.

I took a couple years out of my life to be at my mothers side (was at her
side 24/7 the last 6 months or so) as she suffered heart disease, demntia,
etc. until her passing. I suspect that I may have suffered a minor stroke
myself under the stress of being a primary caregiver. My finances drained I
am trying to restart my life, in several different ways, trying many
different things. My posts here represent only a fraction of the many things
I am trying to do.

But I have to admit that I am rather astonished at the conclusions certain
people have jumped to. And there is the rude way in which they have express
their erronous conclusion. Is this what newsgroups have become? Sad to say
the least.

Henry