Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tom Gardner

Default Advise on driving an 18" circular saw blade

OH MY GOD!!!! I HAVE big saws so, don't listen to the guesses. My 14" is
12 hp. I wouldn't power an 18" with anything less than 15 hp preferably
20. Trust me, you DON'T want to stall it.
Or: DO-YOU-HAVE-A-VIDEO-CAMERA???

"Laurie Forbes" wrote in message
Am contemplating constructing a wood cutting chop saw for cutting up
fireplace logs. 18" circular blades are readily available here and would
seem about the right size for the size of logs I'd be working with.
Question is, what HP electric motor would be required (about 3?) and, what
would be best RPM for the blade?

All suggestions appreciated.....

Laurie Forbes