dddd

Default Source for Carbon Drill Rod (samller than Drill size (Ne AWG) 52)

All I can say is that the tones are VERY different. I don't even go to
purple, I leave em straw.

I have an electric oven that hits 2000 F. I bake the wires at 1500 F; form
em, heat to cherry, quench, temper to 440 F (good 45 minutes).

I did not know the mod elasticity and density were the same. I thank you
for your comments.

I suppose it could be the "piano wire" I am using; but it was sold to me
*as* piano wire.

--
Regards,
Dewey Clark http://www.historictimekeepers.com

"Ted Edwards" wrote in message
dddd wrote:

Piano wire does not not have the clear sound of drill rod after all the
procedures.

I am very puzzled by this statement. Piano wire and drill rod are
*very* similar in composition and have the same modulus of elasticty and
density. Have you tried:
Normalize
Anneal
Harden