Posted to sci.electronics.repair
hemyd

Default Optio 330GS Advice Needed

I've had that digital camera for a few years now. Last week I had the
batteries go flat while I was turning the camera on. Since then, here's what
happens now - with all power removed the camera has the lens fully OUT. If I
plug in that DC power supply, then press the on/off switch, the main motor
drives the lens fully IN, then fully OUT again. At that point the smaller
secondary motor makes a brief ratchetty noise. The LCD display shows the
Pentax logo. At this point pressing any button has no effect. Until power is
removed and the procedure repeated. I can press the on switch in conjunction
with 'Menu' and get into the menu, but that is all.

I have already removed the covers, and I am quite comfortable with
dismantling small equipment, but I was wondering if there is some sequence
of buttons I can press which may reset this problem. I am hoping that
someone may have a service manual or information for this camera, or at
least point me at the appropriate newsgroup. Any advice will naturally be
appreciated.

--
Henry
Australia