Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Daniel Rudy

Default Sony SLV-900HF VCR

At about the time of 2/15/2006 8:26 AM, Mr. Land stated the following:
If you can't find a replacement, there are rubber reconditioning
chemicals available, might be worth a shot.

I did eventually find the part and order a replacement. We will see how
that works.

I did try the rubber rejuvenator and it worked, for about a week. The
problem is that the VCR curls one edge of the tape. As the tape is
pulled through the deck, it seems that the pinch roller isn't grabbing
it very well.

--
Daniel Rudy

Email address has been base64 encoded to reduce spam
Decode email address using b64decode or uudecode -m

Why geeks like computers: look chat date touch grep make unzip
strip view finger mount fcsk more fcsk yes spray umount sleep