Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

Default Push fit connectors for central heating?

"Grunff" wrote in message
Matthew wrote:

Does anybody have any experience of using the push fit plastic
connectors on central heating systems?

Yes, many people do.

How reliable and robust are they?

They're fine.

You don't have much experience of them to come out with that.

I was thinking of adding antother radiator upstairs and just
wondered how durable these fittings are. It would be a plastic section
tee'ed into a copper run.

That would be fine, as long as you have spare heating capacity. You may
well need to re-balance.

A lot of places seem to sell it now (in Wickes at the weekend)
and I like the idea of convenience.
However am not sure about these fittings (but then I dont know how they
work) in that they only seem to seat on an O ring. Presumably it must
be reliable.

They're fine.

See my posts on pushfits.

As an aside, as I mentioned last week I have a leak under a concrete
floor and was going to replace that section with new copper. Would
plastic also be suitable here?

If it's buried in concrete, plastic would be better.

As long as there are no joints and best joint the pipe using standard
compression joints.