Posted to alt.home.repair
ccs>ikyr

Default kitchen contractor ordered the wrong cabinets, now what?

As it happened, we steeled ourselves for a tense discussion, but the
contractor backpedalled before we even objected this morning. He's
ordering a replacement for the base cabinet and the carpenter actually
suggested swapping a couple wall cabinets so we can use the tall one
and improve the kitchen layout. We'll have to see how long it will be
to ship the base cabinet but it is not in a spot that will hold up the
project.

Apparently, as setbacks go, this was a small one. The cabinet will
cost him several hundred dollars, but as things stand now, he'll get
referral business from me, so he probably comes out ahead.

Thanks very much for all the comments....