Posted to alt.home.repair
Scott Townsend

Default Tankless vs Tank Water Heater

Google keeps all the Group posts, you can google for the Topic...

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.h...e0cc33494c815/

I've heard Bosch is a Joke, though that is just the Bosch Line of Tankless.
From my research, the Takagi is the unit you want for the DIY Guy. If you
are going to have someone else install the unit, go with the Rinnai.

There are some issues With the incoming Water Temp and Max temp rise for the
flow you need. With The Higher end units you can get a remote panel to help
smooth out the temp flux.

You need to look at how many potential things you will use that want hot
water all at the same time. 2 showers and a laundry cycle is pretty tough
without spending atleast $1600.

I'm going with two 4gpm @ 70 degree Temp Rise units. One for the 2
Bathrooms, the other for the rest of the house.

Scott-

"lp13-30" wrote in message
There was a fairly lengthy thread on this very subject titled "My new
Bosch is a joke...!!!" that began on 2/16., started by someone called
SanDiegoGuy. See if you can find it and read all the responces. Very
interesting, mainly about the problems with flow vs. temp, as a previous
poster mentioned. I do not know anything about Usenet on a computer, but
WebTV stores 1500 postings on this group and these particular ones are
very near the end, and about to be dropped off as more new posts come
in. Larry