Posted to alt.home.repair
Banty

Default bamboo next to oak floor?

In article . com,
says...

We are doing a kitchen remodel and would like to replace vinyl floor
with wood. All the rest of our house is oak flooring. But I am
concerned about future water damage. I've been told that bamboo is much
more forgiving in the kitchen.

Has anyone installed bamboo in their kitchen where the rest of the
house is wood floor?

Do the two different woods complement or clash?

They'd clash - even if the stains are close, the grains are very different.
It's better to have a more frank difference, like going from oak flooring to
tile or good updated vinyl.

I gotta admit my bias - I really dislike wood floors in the kitchen. But since
you want sticks on your kitchen floor ;-), I'd go with oak and let the experts
here advise on preparation.

Cheers,
Banty (looking at my two-day old porcelain kitchen tile...)