Posted to alt.home.repair
autonut843

Default GE cooktop no spark - spark module or something else?

Before I opened things up I could hear the spark but it was not visible
on any of the spark gaps at any of the burners (5). After I took the
cover off, all the wires were just in free air, not able to arc to
anything and you could still hear the click click. I then took the
wire ends and brought them close to the metal frame and some did not
seem to draw an arc and some seemed to draw a very small arc. Before I
put the stovetop back together I just removed the last two wires so I
could keep the module with me. Perhaps I'll experiment with it and see
how it does with new wires on my benchtop.