Posted to rec.woodworking
CW

Default drill doctor

No. Twist drills only.

"Dave Jackson" wrote in message
nk.net...
Not meaning to hijack the post, but does anyone know if drill dr. can
sharpen mortising chisel bits? Thanks, --dave

"James "Cubby" Culbertson" wrote in message

"ron" wrote in message
thinking about buying one..any opinions would be appreciated,,,ron

I have around 3-400 bits of various sizes and shapes, many of which I
inherited. Most of them were grossly dull so I bought the Drill Doctor
(don't remember the model but it's the larger one capable of sharpening

up
to 3/4" I believe). It's worked great for me so far. It has

definitely
saved me money if I had gone out and bought the 400 bits to replace (not
that I'd ever need all of them however). I see they've got a newer

model
out that is supposedly easier to use. I didn't find the older version

be hard to master. The one thing I will say about cost and such is
this. Nothing's worse than needing a bit on a Sunday night and the only
one you've got is dull. For me, the ability to sharpen whenever I need
to vs. having to stop work and drive to the local store is worth it.

Not
to mention, many of the bits I have are much better quality than I can

buy
new so it's nice to be able to keep em.

Cheers,
cc