Posted to rec.woodworking
tdup2

Default Jigsaw & straight cutting in melamine

I have had the same trouble with Porter Cable and Dewalt saws. Try to keep
the back of the saw up against the fence and follow your line with the
front. Trying to push the front of the saw up against the guide puts to much
side pressure on the blade and it won't follow as well. The blade gets
twisted.

Tim

"mark" wrote in message
I am trying to cut some toekicks out of 5/8" melamine with a jigsaw. I
tried
the cutting guide that came with it and I keep the guide tight and saw
foot
nice and flat but the cut will not follow my straight line made with a
speed
square. I also tried clamping the speed square to the work and using it as
guide for the saw without the guide, keeping the saw's foot tight to the
square and still the blade wanders off course. It is a brand new craftman
top of the line and new bosch blades meant for "fine cutting in wood,
plywood and plastics". Thanks for any tips.