Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Advise on driving an 18" circular saw blade

On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 23:01:17 GMT, "Laurie Forbes"
wrote:

Am contemplating constructing a wood cutting chop saw for cutting up
fireplace logs. 18" circular blades are readily available here and would
seem about the right size for the size of logs I'd be working with.
Question is, what HP electric motor would be required (about 3?) and, what
would be best RPM for the blade?

I find it reprehensible, and perhaps even illegal, to cut down habitat
that squirrels need to have in order to survive. You cut down that
habitat, baby squirrels fall to the ground, which enables people to
make pets out of them. And we all know that's just cruel.

All suggestions appreciated.....

Save the whales, collect the whole set?

Snarl