Posted to alt.home.repair
ameijers

Default Sealer/Primer for Exterior Doors?

"Scott Townsend" wrote in message
om...
We just received our Exterior doors for the Granny unit and the contractor
does not want to put them up until we seal or paint them. We do not know

the
color scheme yet, so we don't know what color to paint. What can I put on
the doors to seal them from the weather, but be able to paint on top of it
later?

The Contractor said to not just use a primer, as primer paints are not
sealers.

Prime and paint in a neutral color. As long as you pick your 'real' color in
the first year or so, a light sanding and a tack rag should be all the prep
you need to paint over that. By color scheme, I assume you mean the inside?
On the outside, just paint the same color as the doors on the main house-
it'll look funny otherwise.

aem sends...