Posted to sci.electronics.repair
ABLE_1

Default Resistor Value Change

Franc,

So then the guess would be the resistor was bad to start and then when
exposed to some current flow it just went HI??? That is a plausible answer
then. Still very strange indeed. One just never knows some days.

Thanks for the input.

Les

"Franc Zabkar" wrote in message

I had this same problem in several units of one particular monitor. In
each case a 1/4W carbon resistor had gone high in value. Dissipation
was not an issue as the resistor was operating well within its design
limits, and the circuit had no other faults. The operating voltage was
only 5V, ie TTL.

I've also experienced open resistors in resistor packs, again at TTL
voltage levels.

- Franc Zabkar