Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical
DaveC

Default Enabling an X10 camera, manually

Thus spake Don Bruder:

The tricky part of that setup these days is finding a VCR that can be set to
"when powered on, start recording" - Although I've read about another module
that can be put somewhere in line-of-sight for the VCR, and catches the X-10
signals, then translates them into IR pulses to control the VCR the same as
the normal IR remote would do. I've never laid eyes on one of those modules
"live and in person", though - Only read about them being available - so I
know very little about them beyond their existence and the theory of how
they're supposed to function.

X10 module UX23A. It receives signals from remote motion sensors (that you
place to cover the camera's field-of-view) and triggers the VCR to start
recording. The VCR module comes with a cable with little stick-on infrared
transmitters that stick to the front of the VCR where the IR receiver is
located.

You program the UX23A with your remote control; it "learns" the Record and
Stop functions so it can record video from the camera whenever the motion
sensor near the camera trips.

I have one of these, but haven't gotten that far to determine how it all
works; I'm still trying to get video out of my camera )c:
--
DaveC

This is an invalid return address
Please reply in the news group