Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Leo Lichtman

Default My biggest fear (almost) has materialized

"Moshe Eshel" wrote: (clip) I hope this doesn't happen to any of you, ever!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
It already has, more times than I can remember. You have my sympathy, and
thank goodness it wasn't worse. You have to deal with a very important
question right now: What are you going to do to prevent a recurrence? I
suggest the following:

1.) Install a motion detector/flood light. Perhaps add an alarm bell to
the circuit, so that when the light comes on the bell rings. Burglars HATE
that.

2. Pass a chain through as many movable tools as possible and padlock them
to your lathe. Put your lathe tools and similar inside a metal tool box,
and padlock it to the chain.

3. Install a burglar alarm.

4. Beef up the lock on the shed door. My plastic sheds all have plastic
locking hardware. I replaced with steel.

Do the easiest stuff first, but do not wait. The thief knows what he left
behind and may be back within a few days.