Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.electronics.design
Rich Grise

Default Global Warming hits the Eastcoast !

On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 10:12:02 -0800, John Larkin wrote:
(Ken Smith) wrote:
John Larkin wrote:
[....]
How about the latest ice age being over? Now all we need is a
plausible explanation for ice ages.

How about a lack of green house gasses. It sounds like we may have two 90
degree phase lags here.

The evidence is that the planet's climate has swung to extremes in the
past, with maybe some periodic inputs (orbit, solar output) and maybe
some random ones (vulcanism, cosmic gamma/cosmic ray flux, galactic
interactions.) We appear to be on a natural warming slope right now,
anyhow.

Central USA was once a tropical jungle, and it was once scoured by
glaciers, with no help from us.

I'll opt for the tropical jungle, as long as we can figure out a way
to control the mosquitoes. ;-P

Cheers!
Rich
--
Elect Me President in 2008! I will:
A. Fire the IRS, and abolish the income tax