Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.electronics.design
Rich Grise

Default Global Warming hits the Eastcoast !

On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 20:42:32 +0000, Don Klipstein wrote:

But am I interpreting this correctly to mean that since about
1950-1960
we have been getting about .2 watt per square meter more sunlight than
we got in the late 1800's? That does not sound to me enough to account
for what global average surface temperature has done since then.

I saw an interesting article on edjamacational teevee yesterday or so -
it was about the ice caps melting.

Apparently, yes, they are melting, and it's a positive feedback function -
i.e., the more ice that melts, the more dirt and open water is exposed,
lowering Earth's albedo, which warms up the planet more, and so on.

The guy claimed to have core samples of Greenland glaciers that go
back 100,000 years, and rattled off a list of things that these cores
can tell them, and says that stuff like CO2 levels and surface
temperatures stayed pretty much the same, but then took a dramatic
upsurge in the last ~100 years.

Then he says, "Well, since it's already in progress, there's nothing
we can do about it - even if we stopped all burning of anything, it's
going to happen anyway." (or something very much like that).

So, my first thought is, "Well, we're "doomed" anyway, so eat, drink,
and be merry, right?"

My second thought is, What's so bad about warm weather? What's so bad
about CO2? Rain forests love it! Let's let the Earth turn into a tropical
paradise!

Then it hit me.

It's intentional.

The aliens that seeded Earth with life put us here on purpose. We are
the Terraformers.

The aliens wanted to expand, but Earth was all icy, so they put us here
to warm it up for them!

So, Enjoy it! Celebrate! We're fulfilling our life's purpose! We're
Creating The Garden of Eden on Earth!

Cheers!
Rich
--
Elect Me President in 2008! I will:
A. Fire the IRS, and abolish the income tax