Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.electronics.design
John Larkin

Default Global Warming hits the Eastcoast !

On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 19:03:47 +0000 (UTC),
(Ken Smith) wrote:

In article ,
John Larkin wrote:
[....]
Central USA was once a tropical jungle, and it was once scoured by
glaciers, with no help from us.

I estimate that it takes about 63 Million years for a species to evolve
that invents the SUV. :

But really, things changing without our action doesn't prove that our
action doesn't cause change. If we can make the difference between
slightly bad times and bye-bye mankind, I think we should make a choice.

But it's a wildly chaotic system. If I go outside and wash my car (an
unlikely event, admittedly) it's as likely to change the climate a
thousand years from now as building an extra hundred million SUVs.

And maybe all this CO2 is really staving off another ice age, or
feeding crops and plankton, or some other good thing.

John