Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ed Sirett

Default central heating and system choice (yet again) (long)

On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 12:25:01 +0000, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
David WE Roberts wrote:
I have done a rough flow rate calculation using the cold tap at the bath
- I calibrated an orange B&Q builders bucket at 10 litres up to the
spout, then counted 'one and two' etc. as I didn't have two extra hands
to work the stop watch. It takes about 10 seconds to fill a 10 litre
bucket including the turn on time so flow should be at least 60 litres
per minute.

Sounds like that's coming off the header tank.

Thanks Dave, I'd missed that when I replied earlier.
The OP needs to measure the flow rate of cold at the kitchen sink, he'll
need 20litres/min to fit the Alpha CD50.