Posted to uk.d-i-y
John

Default Electric fence energiser

"MikeW" wrote in message
.com...
I need to put a small elec fence around the Veg patch this year
And I was thinking of making the energiser (using 12v Batt) myself but
have been unable to find a diy design/schematic.
Anyone done this or have a link to a suitable schematic.
TVM

You should be able to produce something with a UJT circuit but personally I
wouldnt bother. Go around the car boot sales and see whats on offer. Over
the last few years I have bought two for a fiver (uses four D cells) and
eight quid (uses an external car battery) respectively. Both worked fine
although the on/off switch on one had lost its rubber "boot" which cost
about 50 pence to replace

John