Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Double-glazing door locks easily defeated

A friend told me today that he'd read in the paper over the weekend
that somebody has worked out how to easily defeat all double glazing
door locks - the type where you lift the handle to activate the
shoot-bolts. Apparently the police have been informed and are looking
into it. Now it all sounds a bit simplistic to me, and could well be
over exaggerated, but does anybody know more about this story? Is it
true? Is it only certain manufacturers, products etc?