Dave Plowman

Default Combi boilers - why?

In article ,
Crippen wrote:
As a house owner with an old boiler, header tank and all the rest of it,
I'm terrified about changing the thing to a "combi". But all the
plumbers I talk to want to sell me one, & did notice that they only want
to sell a Combi. It does ratherm remind me of the endowment sales of the
1980's.

Absolutely. Maximum profit for minimum work.

If you have a storage system which works well stick with it - the hard
work and expense has already been done. With a clean sheet it might be
worth investigating the options, though.

IIRC, if 'normal' boilers become difficult to get when yours needs
replacing, there's no reason why you can't use a combi as one - and say
have a feed direct to one hot tap in perhaps the kitchen. Then you'd have
the best of both worlds.

--
*I wish the buck stopped here. I could use a few.

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn