Posted to alt.home.repair
dnoyeB

Default Laptop Motherboard

wrote:
I took a knife to my laptop and cut several circuits on my laptop's
motherboard for reasons which will not be stated. I now want to fix it
up, but I don't know where to start. What materials do I need, and how
would I go about fixing these circuits. I know exactly where I made my
cuts, and I was thinking I could take some copper wire or something and
lay it down, maybe solder it on? But, I don't know if this is the best
way. Thank you for your time and interest.

typical repair would be to take a small piece of wire and jumper over
the cut traces, soldering it in on either end. You may need to clean
off the solder locations with nail polish remover to get off any
protective coating. Use a hot air gun and not a soldering iron if you can.

--
Thank you,