Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Stainless Steel Project Help(part 2)

Joseph Gwinn wrote:
In article .com,
wrote:
[big snip]

BTW. UPS left a nameless notice at my address for three consecutive
days. Now since four of the eight family's in this partcular complex
live at the same address, if there is no name then no one would know
who is supposed to be getting a package. Anyway, I get a card in the
mail UPS stating that they made three attempts to deliver a package
from MSC... I could go on and on about my past problems with UPS(and
the neighborhood driver in particular), but... (Sigh).

What also works is to tell the sender (MSC) to mark the package to be
held at the local UPS depot for customer pickup. It also works to call
UPS upon a failed delivery attempt and ask that the package be held for
pickup. The phone number should be on the nameless note. I've done
this with computers, which are too expensive to risk just leaving them
on the front stoop.

Yes I know. The package is obviously a catalog.

Having to pick up anything via UPS is totally inconvenient for me. I'd
have to make a 2 hour round trip, not including the possibility of a
long wait on line there.

I'm surprised that the driver made "three attempts"(even though he
probably comes down my street every weekday day anyway). He doesn't
always ring the bell. And tends to put the wrong time on the notice.

One of my biggest problems with UPS is that they purposely don't inform
unaware senders that UPS doesn't deliver to Post Office boxes.(And if
you dela via eBay, you occasionally come across people who don't know).
UPS lets the package go through the system(including the "3 delivery
attempts"). They return the package to the sender and make them pay
again if they want it delivered.

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York