Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joseph Gwinn

Default Stainless Steel Project Help(part 2)

In article .com,
wrote:
[big snip]

BTW. UPS left a nameless notice at my address for three consecutive
days. Now since four of the eight family's in this partcular complex
live at the same address, if there is no name then no one would know
who is supposed to be getting a package. Anyway, I get a card in the
mail UPS stating that they made three attempts to deliver a package
from MSC... I could go on and on about my past problems with UPS(and
the neighborhood driver in particular), but... (Sigh).

What also works is to tell the sender (MSC) to mark the package to be
held at the local UPS depot for customer pickup. It also works to call
UPS upon a failed delivery attempt and ask that the package be held for
pickup. The phone number should be on the nameless note. I've done
this with computers, which are too expensive to risk just leaving them
on the front stoop.

Joe Gwinn