Posted to uk.d-i-y
Richard Conway

Default Painting fences

Mark wrote:
On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 13:38:08 GMT, (Sponix) wrote:

On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 12:27:37 +0000 (UTC), "TMC"
wrote:

Hi all

So now that I can no longer get creosote what's the best stuff for treating
fence panels swimbo wants to keep the golden look

You CAN get creosote if you are a fencing contractor. Get some
business cards made up!

Alternatively, I'm told the following works:

"INGREDIENTS

1 Gallon used engine oil
1 Gallon Diesel (Or heating oil)
4 oz granulated sugar
4lbs coal dust*
1 oz golden syrup*

*Optional

METHOD

Mix the engine oil and diesel together in a suitable container. Next
add the sugar slowly and continue to mix.

Add the coal dust and continue to stir. Finally pour in the golden
syrup and mix well.

The coal dust and golden syrup can be omitted if required, however
best results are obtained when these are added. Red diesel can be used
if available."

Ah - another Keith Floyd recipe, I think :-)

M.

Sounds more Pink Floyd to me