Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2

Default Log splitters

The message .com
from "Weatherlawyer" contains these words:

I would have liked to rig it up to compress the tremendous amount of
saw chips from the chain-saw. If it could have made doughnut blocks of
some 18 to 24 inches they would have made brilliant fuel cells for a 45
gallon drum.

I can help there perhaps: find a friendly farmer who has cattle,
(preferably dairy, 'cos they have to come in twice a day at least) and
cadge a few buckets of raw muck. Mix it with the chips and slop into
plastic flowerpots. Tamp down, then turn them out under cover like
sand-castles and allow the 'castles' to dry out. Makes a fine fuel.

Can also be used with coal dust and slack.

Years ago, the Ole Man cleared out his coalshed and asked me if I could
use seven sacks of the stuff. I mixed it with a few buckets of sh-tuff
and had enough 'bricks' to last for months in a Parkray stove. The
slight peaty odour was not unpleasant.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig