Posted to uk.d-i-y
David WE Roberts

Default central heating and system choice (yet again) (long)

On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 00:02:26 +0000, Jeff wrote:

"Capitol" wrote in message

David WE Roberts wrote:
I have done a rough flow rate calculation using the cold tap at the

bath -
I calibrated an orange B&Q builders bucket at 10 litres up to the spout,
then counted 'one and two' etc. as I didn't have two extra hands to work
the stop watch. It takes about 10 seconds to fill a 10 litre bucket
including the turn on time so flow should be at least 60 litres per

minute.

Invalid for flow rate. Measure at kitchen cold tap, at 9 am,12.00 and
6pm to get a clearer picture.

Measure at biggest mains fed tap - taps can be restriction

Regards Jeff

Exactly - which is why I used the bath tap :-)