Posted to rec.woodworking
Guess who

Default Lay out a sine curve?

On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 21:50:26 -0600, Oleg Lego
wrote:

That's a cycloid, not a sine. Still far and away the easiest is to
use a graphing program like Graphmatica

Sounds interesting, but I have not been able to find it. Is that name
correct? If so, would you happen to know what directory it's in?

The address is correct: http://archives.math.utk.edu

Top right, Software section, click "Windows...."
Choose "Graphing programs", and there find Graphmatica.
It's labelled as shareware, but the author generously offers it free
if not affordable.

Click that, then choose grmat16n.zip for the latest Windows version.
It will do for the shop, for the kids in high school, or in college
and university. Type in a function as done normally: e.g. y =
2sin(x), no need for 2*sin(x) etc.. You can graph an ellipse as well,
but that can be done as readily, and to scale in a simple but powerful
CAD such as DeltaCad.

Default is a coloured background, and coloured curves, but you can
change that to white. You can do more than one in one shot. Tons
more software there, but not for this forum. I just mentioned it for
anyone wanting some usual or unusual math curve.