dddd

Default Source for Carbon Drill Rod (samller than AWG 52)

Tried em (and one or two others). The American drill houses use HSS for the
drills smaller than 52. My oven only goes to 2000 F so I can't heat treat
HSS. One guy said he could grind 8 in lengths of o-1 to the needed sizes
but it would add $2 per length. Given I want 4 X 36 inches of each size,
this quickly adds up.

From the looks at the catalogs on the websites, I suspect American
production does not go below 1/16th in carbon drill rod. Then you have to
go to straightened piano wire which does not work in this application.

--
Regards,
Dewey Clark http://www.historictimekeepers.com

"Eastburn" wrote in message
If anyone can - I bet these guys can!

I have used them before - they do normal drill blanks and specials and
have unique.

Nice people. http://www.drillblanks.com/main.html

They make the drill blanks for leading drill companies.

Martin
--
Martin Eastburn, Barbara Eastburn
@ home at Lion's Lair with our computer