Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Kalman Rubinson

Default Torn speaker

On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 00:11:44 GMT, "J.H."
wrote:

Kalman Rubinson wrote:

On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 21:59:19 GMT, "J.H."
wrote:

I have a set of logitech x-620 speakers and the bass speaker is torn.
I've read a lot of ways to fix it, but there's 2 things in life I'll
never understand. Refrigerators and speakers. I just don't understand
them. Besides, a patch is only temporary.

Looking online it says it's a four inch, 4 ohm, 24.3 Watt speaker.
Instead of fixing it i'd like to replace it. I browsed through ebay a
little and came up with this:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Would this work? Not work? Any help is appreciated.

Replacement from Logitech. It is doubtful any other will match, if
you care.

Kal

If I didn't care I wouldn't have tried. But it's out of the support
period. Why do you say it's doubtful any other would match?

Because unless you get the identical driver, it will sound different
from the one in the other channel(s).

However, I do not understand why you say the speaker is a 4" speaker.
According to what I Googled, the subwoofer is an 8" driver and the
satellites are 2". So which are you needing?

Frankly, I am skeptical about any replacements on such units since
they are designed as cheaply as possible and as a unit. The little
amps may not be very capable if faced with an unpredicted load.

Kal