Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical
DaveC

Default Enabling an X10 camera, manually

Thus spake Don Bruder:

No controller? No problem - Pull the wall-wart out of the wall, then plug it
back in. They default to "on", and remain that way until they receive an X-10

"off" signal. If you're seeing +12v on the end of the wall-wart's wire, it's
already on.

I'm getting no signal to the TV from the camera, although I see a raster (not
noise). The receiver (VR31A) lights its LED, but I get no indication on the
TV of a video image. I have matched channels (tried both CH 3 and 4, cycling
power for each trial), and camera channels (tried A through D, cycling power
for each trial).

I cycle the power by unplugging the wall-wart and plugging it back in (for
each of the devices).

Am I missing something?

Thanks,
--