Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

Default central heating and system choice (yet again) (long)

"Ed Sirett" wrote in message
news
even with hindsight I dont think I could
choose a better boiler. If you are near
the midlands you are welcome to have a
look. People talking flow rates and seeing for yourself are totally
different, I would have loved
to have seen before I bought.

To date Alpha have not been known for
their offerings being even half way
up the spectrum.

They were always in the middle.

However it is possible
that they wish to reposition
themselves in the market.

With new designs and 5 year guarantees they obviously intent to. Many have
integral cyclone filters on the return to catch solids. Crud in boiler
exchanges is a major cause of boiler problems

The lift weight of 70kg is something
of a challenge for a loft
installation.

The price from one online store was
1490 including VAT. However other
boilers I know the price of were somewhat
up on that site. So quite possible £1350 (inc)
would be the going trade rate.

Look at:
http://www.uselessenergy.org.uk/boilers_prices.asp
£912.56 inc VAT and delivery

This certainly puts it in the right segment of the market if Alpha are
genuinely repositioning themselves.