Posted to alt.home.repair
twfsa

Default Ice on the Windows!

If there wood windows I would be wiping out the moisture when the ice
melts,so the wood does not have to be re-stained or painted, keep the drapes
or blinds closed when the temp gets into the single digits. I think that ice
build up when the temps dips to single digit is inevidenable, the only way
to cure this is with a storm window, outside the new windows, that would
reduce the glass temp on the inside of the house.

A humidity guage would be nice to see what the actual humidity is in your
house.

I have the same problem and do not run the power humidifer in the winter and
still have what is considered normal humidity in the house in the winter
months. I do wipe out the water as needed and about every 3 years re-finish
the lower wood sill of the windows. My windows are thermopane.

Tom

"c_shah" wrote in message
oups.com...
These windows are new..they are thermopane windows (double pane
windows) I was just curious because they were new and might have start
leaking

Thanks for your reply