Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Basement Sub Floor Question

Thanks for the info - very helpful. I did tried to suck most of the
water out and then followed by running the dehumidifier. The
dehumidifier is now a permanent fixture in my basement. The
subfloor is not on my list of renovation this winter, however, I'll
tackle it during the summer.

I lifted an edge and it looks ok, but I know that's not enough. I am
confused by the conflicting info on how dry to keep the house or
basement especially here in a cold climate. Is it 30 % ? 50% ? Why
do we have humidifiers installed in this part of the world if all it
does is help to nurish mold ?

On 13 Feb 2006 03:11:31 -0800, "buffalobill"
wrote:

yes. see more at:
http://www.buildingscience.com/resou...ed_to_know.pdf

and see:
http://www.epa.gov/iaq/pubs/flood.ht...et%20Materials

see how to redo the basement in the future at:
http://www.buildingscience.com/resources/basements.htm