Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
clare at snyder.on.ca

Default can you weld a pinhole in a water tank? FOLLOW UP

Sorry to remind you but there are several rules of plumbing:

#1) Never work on plumbing when the stores are closed.
#2) Never work on plumbing when SWMBO is planning a party. (or your
teenagers are all home at the same time)
#3) Violation of Rule #1 and Rule #2 on the same day is NOT in your best
interests
#4) Escape from Rule #3 requires substantial bribery to whomever.

But old Murphy dictated that plumbing (and electrical) problems ONLY
happen when #1 and #2 are true.

Water heater let go Christmas eve (Thursday) afternoon managed to find
a plumbing supply still open who had what I needed in stock so I was
able to replace it.

Furnace blower motor let go a year or two later, coldest night of the
year, and you guessed it - holiday weekend. I managed to find a used
motor I could cobble in to keep the heat on 'till I could get the
right motor.

Last feb we went to friend's cottage - to find the main breaker
sizzling on Friday night. No replacement breaker available, so we went
looking for a new panel Sat morning and mamaged to find one we could
make fit - changed the panel in the dark and in the cold, with a storm
outside and with the panel 'live. Lots of expansion room now as the
new panel has almost twice as many breaker slots than the original
(same overal capacity)