Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wayne Cook

Default Sharpening clipper blades

On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 14:38:23 GMT, "Tom Gardner"
wrote:

What's the secret? I have a Whall clipper to do the Schnauzers and the
blades are about $20 new so, I figured I could surface grind them. I jigged
them up and took about .010" off top mating surfaces and I thought I did a
good job but they don't cut at all and I can't see why not. The look like
they should! Am I missing something? Are they magic?

It depends on the clippers. Some clippers are sharpened flat and
others are supposed to have a slight curve in them. The sharpening is
done on a lap which basically a slow turning plate laid flat and
charged with abrasive.