Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
carl mciver

Default VFD and 3 phase motor for the 4x6 HF bandsaw

I hope to be getting a Grizzly square column mill here before too long,
and it has a three phase motor, which will necessitate me getting a VFD for
it since I have 110/220 single phase. I'll be getting a HF 4x6 bandsaw
about the same time, and it dawned on me that having it variable speed might
be nice, providing the original POS motor gets replaced.
Can someone tell me what frame size I should be keeping an eye out for
to replace the HF motor with? Is there any value in having variable speed
on that saw?