Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B

Default bender/scroller

"Grant Erwin" wrote
Most blacksmiths just catch one end of the square bar in a vise and twist
the other end with an old school monkey wrench, sometimes with an
extension handle welded to the top so it becomes a two-handed wrench. That
way you can control the twisting, make it tight or slow. It's real easy if
the metal is hot. - GWE

Exactly my idea. Or cut eight short lengths of the square stock I want, and
stack them around a center piece that I want to twist, and weld them all
together, except for the center one. That would make a block with a hole
down the center.

There's lots of simple ways to do this.

I am also going to go and get a rem of plate about 3 foot square, and drill
and tap holes to put bolts I can do repetitive bends around, and various
stops and fences as I figure this out.

Again, this is small stuff, and it won't take much.

STeve